About the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center (SZGMC) was established by decree number 18 year 2008 issued by HH Sheikh Mansoor Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister of UAE, Minister of Presidential Affairs, in 2008 and it's amendment number 7 year 2012. According to the decree, the SZGMC aims to:
1. Emphasize on the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan’s noble deeds and contributions to humanity, in a way that commemorates his legacy and memory.
2. Cooperating with research centers as well as religious, educational and cultural institutions
3. Enhance cross cultural communication and introduce the Center as a cultural tourism destination.
In accordance with the founding decree, this will include:
1. Establishing exhibitions to commemorate the social and cultural contributions of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and highlight his historical and civic achievements.
2. Organizing professional forums and initiating cultural partnerships with religious institutions which share the SZGMC’s objectives both inside the UAE and abroad.
3. Cooperating with international academic religious centers to create an Islamic institute.
4. Supporting the printing and translation of the Holy Quran in addition to the printing of books, research works, magazines, manuals and providing the library with audio-visual publications in addition to the translation of books in alignment to the SZGMC’s objectives.
5. Supporting social, religious and cultural initiatives aiming to promote mutual respect and understanding between different religions. Organizing lectures, seminars and forums for the memorization and recitation of the Holy Quran. Organizing seminars on Islamic architecture, Arabic calligraphy and Arabic syntax as well as a competition on Quran recitation and Adhan (Call to prayer).
6. Cooperating with associations (government and NGO’s) to achieve the mission of the SZGMC.
7. Introduce the mosque as a masterpiece of Islamic architecture and encourage international visitors and residents to visit the mosque for educational and tourism purposes.