Provide access to the general book collection in SZGM Library, serving SZGMC staff and other community users. Circulation would also supply you with answers to questions pertaining to checking out books, renewing library items, the number of items a patron is allowed to check out.
Borrowing Privileges are issued at the SZGM Library circulation desk. Staff can use their ID cards to check out and/or renew items. Borrowers are responsible for all uses of their card with respect to borrowing. It is the responsibility of registered borrowers to notify the Circulation Section if their library card is lost.
1. Staff are eligible to borrow 5 books for 15 days renewable twice for another 15 days each time.
2. Outside Users are eligible to borrow 3 books for 15 days renewable once for another 15 days.
* Borrowers can bring books back to the Circulation Desk to be renewed.
* Borrowers can also renew books by phone, calling the Circulation Desk, and providing them with their ID number.
* The borrower is charged for books that are lost while on loan to him/her. The cost of the lost item is determined by and paid to the Circulation Section.
Offer diverse electronic and printed resources to provide users support in finding information needed for doing research. Research Assistance is conducted by the reference staff who make themselves available to help library users find their way to library resources and begin the process of locating the information they desire, be it in print or electronic format. The reference area contains numerous networked computer workstations that give access to the library’s online catalog and various other electronic resources. Moreover, Reference Services houses a collection of non-circulating reference books. The staff assists users in using the collection during regular hours, answers mail and telephone queries, and responds to e-mail requests sent to “Ask a Librarian”.
Ask a Librarian
This electronic reference service allows you to submit and get answers to your questions about SZGM Library collections and services, or about how to find information via email.
SZGM Library offers the following types of Ask-A-Librarian services:
* By E-mail: Submit a Quick Question, and a Librarian will answer you by e-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
* By Phone: Call at a Reference Desk during the library hours at 02 - 4191919 or send a fax at 02 - 4416446
* In-Person: Visit the Reference Desk during the library hours.
The INTERNET use in the library is creating an environment that is constantly changing. The library is using the Internet to provide electronic resources and services. You can access library’s Internet network using your own laptop computer, free access is provided in all public area in the library during library hours.
|Serial No.||Name of the Book|
|1||Zayed: Man Who Built a Nation|
|2||Basic Architectural Design|
|3||The Architecture of the United Arab Emirates|
|4||Masterpieces: Medieval Art|
|5||Book of the Knowledge of All the Kingdoms, Lands, and Lordships that are in the World|
|6||Reading the Islamic City|
|9||Treasures of the World's Cultures|
|10||The Arts of Islam|
|11||Middle East Garden Traditions: Unity and Diversity|
|13||Islamic Visual Culture, 1100 - 1800|
|14||Islamic Arts from Spain|
|15||Civilization of Faith|
National Center for Documentation & Research
The Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research Library
Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority Library – National Library
UAE University Library
Zayed University library
Higher Colleges of Technologies library
Abu Dhabi University Library
Sharjah University Library
Tel. No.: 02 4191919
Fax No.: 02 4416446
P.O.Box: 94944 Abu Dhabi, UAE